Hogansville Elementary School is committed to high levels of learning for all students by ensuring mutual respect within the school community, providing a positive atmosphere where all students will master grade-level academic standards, and faculty, staff, students, and parents are enthusiastic about teaching and learning.
We believe that the most promising strategy for achieving the mission of our school is to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which staff:
▪ Unite to achieve a common purpose and standards-based instruction and common assessments
▪ Work together—interdependently—in data-driven collaborative teams
▪ Seek and implement research-based strategies for improving student learning on a continuous basis
▪ Monitor each student’s progress on a frequent basis
▪ Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and general well-being of each student
In order to achieve the shared mission and vision of our school, Hogansville Elementary School staff have made the following commitments:
To utilize a variety of instructional best practices and strategies which promote success for all students.
To increase student growth through developing, implementing, and evaluating grade-level data and instructional programs aligned to standards-based instruction and common assessments that target specific instructional areas in need of improvement.
To provide a positive and safe environment where high levels of academic rigor in the classroom ensure the academic growth of all students in all subject areas.
To continuously strengthen relationships between parents, students, and the community.
To provide parents with resources, strategies, and information to help students succeed.